- (3 cups) Oats (organic, pre-soaked, and rolled)
- (1-1/2 tsp) Baking powder
- (2 tsp) Ground cinnamon
- (1/4 tsp) Ground nutmeg
- (3/4 tsp) Celtic Sea Salt, Fine
- (1/2 cup (or more or less to taste)) Maple Syrup (Glass)
- (2-1/2 cups) A2 COW Milk, Raw (Plastic)
- (2 large) Chicken Eggs, Soy Free, Brown
- (1 tsp) Vanilla, Homemade
- (4 Tbsp (melted)) A2 COW Butter, Raw, Unsalted (Frozen, Plastic)
- (2-3 (cored and diced)) Apples, Large, IPM
1 - Butter a 9x13 baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325F (don't preheat the oven if you're making this the night before and refrigerating overnight).
2 - In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3 - In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (except melted butter).
4 - Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Pour the melted butter on top. Stir to combine.
5 - Arrange the diced apples on the bottom of the baking pan and pour the oatmeal over top. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate overnight or bake right away.
6 - Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden and the mixture is set up and not very jiggly.
7 - Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, pour some milk over top or add some nuts or berries.
Estimated with no shipping/driving costs included
3 cups oats --> $1.59
1-1/2 tsp baking powder --> $0.03
2 tsp ground cinnamon, organic --> $0.30
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, organic --> $0.42
3/4 tsp Celtic sea salt --> $0.11
1/2 cup maple syrup --> $3.54
2-1/2 cup 100% grass-fed unprocessed milk --> $1.70
2 soy-free chicken eggs --> $1.30
1 tsp real vanilla extract --> $0.40
4 Tbsp 100% grass-fed unprocessed butter --> $2.28
2-3 large apples --> $4.13
TOTAL --> $15.80 ($1.98 per serving)
Inspired by a recipe from the Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
Photo by Pete unseth under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.