- (1 lb) Ground Beef
- (1 lb) Ground Beef Organs
- (3 cloves) Garlic
- (2 Tbsp) A2 COW Butter, Cultured, Raw, Unsalted (Frozen, Plastic)
- (1-1/2 cup) Onions, chopped
- (1/2 cup) Celery, chopped
- (1-1/2 cup) Carrots, grated
- (2 Tbsp) Chili Powder
- (1 tsp) Ground Cumin
- (1 Tbsp) Roasted Carob Powder
- (1 tsp) Oregano
- (1/4 tsp) Smoked Paprika, red or cayenne
- (1 cup) Okra or Zucchini, chopped
- (24 oz) Organic Tomato Sauce
- (1/2 cup) Organic Red Wine or Water
- (to taste) Sea Salt
1 - In your seasoned skillet or 5-6 quart large cast iron pot, brown ground beef and garlic. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned but pink inside. Set aside.
2 - Add butter, onions, celery, carrots, and seasonings to the skillet and cook until translucent over medium high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Once onions are golden and veggies are midway cooked, add okra or zucchini and cook for 2 minutes, making sure you stir everything well.
3 - Add cooked beef, tomato sauce, and wine or water into the pot and stir well. Bring everything to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4 - Check on chili every so often and stir. Add water or tomato sauce as necessary. Add sea salt to taste. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions, organic sour cream, and shredded A2 cheddar cheese.
*Leftovers can be frozen for an easy meal later on.
Adapted from Weston A. Price Foundation "Vegetable Chili" recipe.